Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Rotten Tomatoes- It isn't just meat any more

Hello to my throngs of readers,

I sent a blog about probiotics and my son's hamburger food poisoning earlier today, when I neglected to mention today's top news story on salmonella contaminated tomatoes that is costing the US more than $1 billion in losses based on all the recalls and panic.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080610/us_nm/food_tomatoes_florida_dc_9

Tomatoes are in everything it seems from ketchup, salsa, salads, pasta sauce, and many other staples.

In my book, Rich Remedies, Volume 1 I discuss the Parcells soak that is used in many third world countries to de-contaminate foods. www.richremedies.com

Unfortunately, our industrial farming chicken is coming home to roost.

In my opinion, here is how we address this massive health issue:

Organic farming, Use of Effective Microorganisms in agriculture and households, and common sense. The embargo on tomatoes is a knee jerk reaction to some contaminations. I beleieve there is some commercial motive driving this latest scare.


Check out the Parcells soak. Wash your vegetables. Go Organic. Peace.

Thank you

Richard

No comments: