Monday, June 9, 2008

Formula Grand Prix Du Canada 2008

I was sitting on the living room couch Sunday afternoon channel surfing while editing my book, Rich Remedies Volume 1 (again!), trying to get it printed once and for all.....this editing is the gift that keeps giving....one day my first book will be done!

The Formula One Canadian GP was on Fox Sports much to my delight. I used to be a Formula One racing nut from my senior year in High School when I saw my first race at Watkins Glen, NY (near Horse Heads New York in case you didn't know)- Nikki Lauda won the race.... to the untimely and tragic death of racing legend Ayrton Senna, about ten years ago. He was the brilliant Brazilian driver who won multiple world championships and was a joy to watch behind the wheel of a race car. Very, very fast and fearless.

After he left the scene my interest in the sport waned for some reason. I'm not sure why.

The F-1 spectacle: the culture, colors, cars, speed, danger, technology, languages, skill, pretty women, characters,partying, high rollers, sights, smells, and sounds just give me an Adrenalin rush. F-1 is the pinnacle of auto racing and you should experience at least one race if you get the chance.

The highlight of the Canadian GP yesterday was the first ever win by a Polish racer- Robert Kubica and the first F-1 race won by BMW, which is hard to believe since they have been in racing since the 1950's.........you would have thought a BMW car would have won an F-1 race by now?

The Circuit Gilles Villenueve on the Ill de Notre Dame in Montreal is a great place to experience the F-1 circus. The St Lawrence Seaway surrounds the track which was originally built for the Worlds Fair and later the 1976 Olympics. Montreal is an European city in North America. Very cool. It made me nostalgic for the place and F-1 racing.....

Maybe next year?

No comments: