Thursday, April 30, 2009

Willie Nelson- Happy 76th Birthday From Abbott, Texas











The "Red Headed Stranger" Celebrates His 76th!

We celebrate our 21st!!


Abbott, Texas- Birth place of Willie Nelson. If you blink, you'll pass right through the center of town and probably forget you even passed that way like I did today. XM satellite Radio was playing Willie tunes on his station and I just happened to be in my car between Dallas and Waco. The Abbott exit to my right, I instinctively pulled off the I 35 South Exit and into the magical world of Abbott. Willie's birthplace.

I'm not a Willie groupie, but I really admire the man's humanitarian work, his music, and his good heart. He's a very modest and shy person. You would not know it by the throngs of people who seek him out.

Willie is a true American hero. Farm Aid, Nobelity Project (w/ Turk Pipkin), NORML, Hurricane AID, and any kind of fund raiser you can think of....Willie has done.

Graciously.

He's going to do something for the Peace Project Foundation, we hear.

Happy Birthday Willie!

Many, many happy returns!

AHO

Richard

PS- My wife Linda and I celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary today. Twenty one years of bliss.....

No comments: