Thursday, September 10, 2009

To Eat Meat or Not Eat Meat......That is the Question




Pictured above: Coopers BBQ pit Llano, Texas. Carnivore Heaven
Pictured just below: The Master Cleanse Ingredients (BBQ Antidote)

I'm almost finished the book The Face in Your Plate by Jeffrey Monssoff Masson. It really makes me feel guilty about eating meat (animal flesh).
Monssoff Masson has almost convinced me to become a vegan.

If you're on the fence about being an omnivore, this will tip you over the side.

My diet consists on average a 75/ 25 ratio of Vegetables/ Meat. I maintain this proportion based on the Blood-type dietary recommendations to keep meat in the diet of the O Blood Type, which I am.

The other way I justify keeping animal flesh in my diet is that I cleanse at least 4 times a year (usually more) and get rid of all that nasty animal residue from my system.

This does not address the ethical, humane treatment of animals or any of the other negative issues that are associated with eating meat.

I'm still working on the resolution to this conundrum.

In the meantime, pass me the brisket and some more BBQ sauce!

AHO

Richard

PS- Life is full of contradictions. Eating meat is full of them. I can't figure out why I still do other than the blood type argument.....and I enjoy the taste.

PS PS- Coopers is the best BBQ I've had in Texas, Try the beef ribs while you're there.

No comments: