Monday, September 7, 2009

The Canary in the Coal Mine



The view from the running trail under MOPAC Highway, over Lady Bird Lake.

Happy Labor Day!

Today I ran 3.5 miles on Lady Bird Lake trail here in Austin. I'm no longer the avid runner I once was about 8 years ago. Running is my "canary in the coal mine." It's my litmus test that I have my allergies and asthma under control. If I get through a 3+ mile run with no respiratory stress, wheezing, or coughing, I'm in good shape.

Five (5) years ago I could not run 100 yards without my lungs shutting down.

After years of running 5-8 miles multiple times per week, I contracted allergies and asthma that ended one of my favorite past times and put me on the ropes.

In my book Rich Remedies, Volume 1, I discussed how I cured my asthma and allergies through diet, cleansing, and energy medicine. It took me about 60 days to eradicate my crippling respiratory problems. Then, on-going dietary modifications to keep my system alkaline.

Running is no longer a passion of mine. I walk, stationary cycle, and lift weights. If I wanted to distance run I can, but right now it is not something I want to do.

When I do run, usually on Saturday mornings, it's to check out the condition of my lungs and to insure that I do not have asthma.

All systems are "Go". The "canary in my coal mine" is tweeting away. My breathing and lung capacity are good.

To get a copy of my book, go to www.richremedies.com

AHO

Rich

No comments: