Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Miracle on Broad and Pattison





My home town is/ was Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The City of Brotherly Love (a majority of the time), the craddle of American Independence, residence of Benjamin Franklin (top ten Americans of all time), and home to the only sports team I follow- the Philadelphia Eagles.

Growing up I was a sports nut. Now sports consume very few cycles as I have more important things to do with my time.

Last week I made a quick trip home to Philly to see my family and to meet Chris Conway, President, Healthy Humans, an exciting integrative medicine website that I will discuss in a future blog as well as my brother-in-law, John Marshall who runs a recruiting firm in King of Prussia, Pa and genrously offered his seats to the Philadelphia Eagles versus Dallas Cowboys football game.

The Eagles miraculously won themselves a playoff birth on Sunday, proving once again that anything is possible.

The Eagles were essentially eliminated from the playoffs , save unlikely losses by both the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Chicago Bears and a win by them over the Dallas Cowboys.

How likely was this outcome? Three (3) separate things had to fall in line for them to succeed.

All three contingencies fell into place!

This was the best Football game in my life! Go EAGLES!

This proves once again that miracles do happen everyday.......

Happy New Year!

Peace

AHO

Richard

PS- Let's order up some miracles in 2009 that really matter like: an end to all wars, an end to poverty/ homelessness, and a global economic recovery.

No comments: