Sunday, October 12, 2008

Mayfield Gardens, Austin, Texas





























I received my semi annual call to action last week to get my lazy keister to Mayfield Gardens and clean up the Tyson Family plot. The weeds have taken over!
When I moved to Austin from Leesburg, Virginia in 2003 (5) years ago, I made a commitment to get involved in community service projects. This was my first one. My sons Christian and Scott joined me on 2 of the hottest days in July in 2003 cleaning up one of the community gardens that was overgrown with vines and weeds. We dug every bulb up and replanted them. My son's lost their appetite for gardening with this project (and others in our back yard).
I do all the work now maintaining our community plot at this beautiful, historic garden spot in Austin. The garden is worth the effort. Mayfield Gardens are located at 35th and Mt Bonnel Road. Check it out! Koi ponds, Flowers, Peacocks, hiking trails, and serenity all within the Austin City Limits.
aho
Rich
PS- Although I generally do not enjoy weeding my gardens, it is a wonderful, mindless task that focuses your attention on the work at hand. A great escape. Especially useful this week as the global financial system is in upheaval.















No comments: