Monday, October 13, 2008

Back to the Future in State College , Pa.

Rock Legends To Play State College Fundraiser for Obama-Biden
The Pennsylvania Campaign for Change has announced a Monday, October 13 concert fundraiser to benefit Obama for America featuring many Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees and other American music icons.
Event details:
Who: Bob Wier, Phil Lesh, Bill Kreutzmann, and Mickey Hart
Gregg Allman, Butch Trucks, Jaimoe, Warren Haynes, Derek Trucks, Marc Quinones, Oteil Burbridge, and Jeff Chimenti

Wow!


What: Concert Fundraiser
Where: Bryce Jordan Center Pennsylvania State University State College, PA
When: Monday, October 13, 2008 Doors Open 5:30 PM EDT

Unfortunately I will be in San Marcos, Texas today and unable to attend this event in my boyhood state of Pennsylvania. It will be an awesome show. The Grateful Dead and the Allman Brothers Band had some incredible concerts together back in the early 1970's. This scribe is dating himself here with this blog post. Time to take a teaspoonful of resveratral anti-aging tonic! (No kidding, I will when I'm done typing this)



I'm not sure who I'm voting for in the Presidential Election. Maybe I'll toss Ron Paul, Independent Candidate from Texas a protest vote? At least he has some fresh ideas. Enough politics here.



In the early days the Allman Brothers Band played fund raisers for Plains, Georgia's favorite son, Jimmie Carter (Billy Carter's Brother) and actually helped get him elected. It also helped with the sale of the cult beverage "Billy Beer". I'll cesase with repeating ancient history and with all political discourse.



AHO



Richard



PS.- Early reviews of my book Rich Remedies, Volume 1, My Incredible Natural Self Healing Discoveries are quite good. Pick yourself up a copy if you are so moved at: http://www.richremedies.com/



PS. PS.-No portion of the proceeds from the sale of my book will be donated to any political candidate, but some will be contributed to the Austin Children's Shelter and the Make A Wish Foundation of Central and South Texas.

No comments: