Monday, June 29, 2009

"The Mayor's" Dog




Last Saturday I was bombing down River Hills Road on my way to run Lady Bird Lake, shop Boggy Creek Farmers Market, and take a refreshing dip in Barton Spring.

This dog was sitting in right lane of River Hills Road like a little person staying cool in the shade. I stopped my car and took her photo.

This Weimaraner belongs to a gentleman I refer to as the "Mayor".

The Mayor used to walk his Weimaraners (he had 2, one died) through our neighborhood with a plastic bag picking up trash every morning on the side of the road. He is one of several interesting characters in "Cuernavacaville" (Bella Lago Estates for you socially conscious neighbors) where we live in Austin. The guy would pop up out of no where when you're walking or driving around. He and the dogs (usually unleashed) would be in the middle of the street just strolling along, oblivious to motor vehicles, bicycles, or any other traffic.

An unknown fun fact that I discovered one day when I engaged the Mayor (who is a man of very few words) is that he runs a registered bird sanctuary in his backyard for the Audubon Society. One evening I took my children into his yard where he has endangered water fowl in pens with running water that are being raised for release. very cool.

Just observing the Mayor from afar you would never have suspected such and operation under his management. It just goes to show.....never judge a book by the cover.
Thanks Mr. Mayor! Thanks for the great pose doggie! :-)

AHO

Richard

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a great picture!