Saturday, June 13, 2009

Khen Rinpoche at Barton Spring










Afer my morning run at Zilker Park I headed over to Barton Spring. Buddist Monk Khen Rinpoche, Abbot of Tashil Lhunpo Monastery in exile from Tibet was at the Spring offering a blessing and meditation. Here are some photos.

The meditation was in short:

"May I have an altruistic mind until I reach enlightenment." Great sentiment.
I jumped in the Spring and swam through the good vibes.....

AHO

Richard

PS- Khen is the Dali Lama's right hand man. Great person.

PS PS- FREE TIBET!

2 comments:

charkstudios said...

Wow, what a blessing to have Khen Rinpoche there! I love reading the Dalai Lama's books...the one I'm reading now is The Art of Happiness. A lot of the Buddist teachings enhance Christian teachings...especially in my life.

Richard Tyson said...

The Truth is the same, no matter who is speaking it