Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Organic Adult Beverages




I'm writing Rich Remedies Volume 2 and have been contemplating a chapter on organic wines and beers.

The organic wines are grown without pesticides or chemical fertilizers. They usually contain little or no sulfites, a preservative that in large quantities can be harmful. I am mildly allergic to sulfites so wines containing high quantities do not agree with me.

The organic beers are made from grains and hops that are grown without pesticides and chemical fertilizers and use highly purified water and contain no preservatives or foam stabilizers like some commercial brands.

My experience with these products is mixed. Most of the organic beers that I have tasted are very good. The organic wines on the other hand are very inconsistent, a few undrinkable.

Maybe we should conduct a blind taste test to fully vet this topic?

I'm undecided on the chapter.....

AHO

Richard

PS- Don't be snookered like I was when I mistook the "Pure beer" on the left for organic when I bought it he other day......mind your labels.

No comments: